Close
Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Indicators - 92 CBR250RR

Member #

RE: New Indicators - 92 CBR250RR

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFlake
    This is a very good and well informed post.

Shit cunt, what are you trying to do, put Tony out of work?

Haha, I love it man, if you have any more electechnical know-hows, please share them.
    Cheers Flakey,

It wasn't meant to be that involved, but once started it just got out of control, no point in posting half a job.

When I looked at the wiring diagram the similarities with the Aprilia jumped out, so I rehashed what I did to it (not originated by me).

The Aprilia has similar issues with the Reg/Rec that the Honda seems to have so saving any amount of power helps, using load resistors doesn't save any.

Tony who the F**k is Tony

Still learning how this bike works, but I've got a couple of other tricks that might help.

Member #

Eclipze.

Member #

Vote for sticky in how to

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Ah, Eclipze the electrical guru, I've seen his stuff, damn good too. I'll expect a critical review from him.

Slipry, thanks for the vote, the wiring colours should be confirmed 1st, to avoid confusion and I've not actually tried this on a CBR, so might be better to have it confirmed 1st too

Member #

Nice work falcopops!!

The use of diodes definitely fixes the issue with using an electronic flasher. I looked at this years ago.
    I even started on making an LED indicator bulb that would include the diodes...

But it did need an extra ground connection, which wasn't ideal for easy fitment.

I also made a flasher relay!! Ran it on my VFR400...

But never went to production. At the time I'd finished the first prototype, China came into play with their electronic flasher relays that were a few dollars less including postage. The fact that China was also selling resistor kits that did everything for much less, it didn't seem practical to go ahead with a more expensive alternative

Member #

Cheers Eclipze,

If I ever get round to the CBR, I'll give it a try to confirm the wire colours and that it works as expected.

The cheap Chinese stuff must make it really tough. I just wired up a system to auto close my cars electric windows on the ground pulse from my central locking, cost about $30 for the relays alone, then found out I could have bought a plug and play system from China for around $12

Member #

Tony is taking the right marketing approach. We can’t beat Chinese prices, but we can surely beat their quality. Just put both products side-by-side, and highlight the difference.

I guess we could divide the automotive parts/accessories market in 2 groups: people concerned about "price", and the ones concerned about "quality".

The "price" group will always chose Chinese items. But the "quality" group will always buy OEM or reputable brands. Although you cannot beat China’s prices, they can’t beat your proven record of quality and performance.

As long as you guys keep developing good stuff, and focus your marketing on the "quality" group, you should do well. These people would pay more for a better product made in Australia, by Australians, as it is normally associated with quality.

Member #

You nailed it XCite!!!

It's a mugs game to even try to design products to compete direct with China. You'll end up going to China to get it made cheaper hahahaaa...

There are more and more people searching for quality and looking for reviews and informed opinions. I have done product teardowns and reviews professionally for people importing parts from China. In one case, a company subsequently bought in a "container load" of the product. But what was delivered had a completely different circuit board than the sample they'd provided for review. The whole lot was rubbish... it didn't actually work. I offered to make a replacement that did what they needed, but it was near 3 times the price. They instead went back to China to source another. While I could make something that was better and solid reliable, I couldn't make it for the price they wanted to pay. If I wanted to compete with China pricing on such gear, I'd have to much rubbish too.

China can manufacture really good quality gear. But the western importers ask them for cheap, so they deliver cheap. Which unfortunately reflects badly on China's manufacturing capabilities. Either way... I typically only design and manufacture parts that it's clear to me that a difference will be made and people will appreciate them. Unfortunately, some products like the electronic flasher relay, only get as far as my own bike It's a pretty straight forward function, and people can get them cheaply.

Member #

Interesting point about there being some quality products available from China, I've maintained this too and been scoffed at by others.

As with anything, you get what you pay for (provided you do your research and don't get ripped off) and Chinese products are the same as far as I'm concerned.

I've got a bit of a moral dilemma though (and I'm making sweeping general statements here), poor working conditions, low wages and little health and safety all help to keep costs down. If Australian working conditions were practiced I think we'd see much more equity in prices.

I'm big on buying local produce, but with a such a significant price differential my income dictates otherwise at times.

Member #
    I did this modification to my 1991 MC22 CBR250RR last night, just wanted to add a few things which may help others:

- The colour of the wires for the Dash Turn Signal are light blue and orange on my bike. Earth was dark green with black trace.

- I removed the Dash unit from the bike in order to solder in the diodes and make the necessary connections, it was a lot easier than soldering over the bike harness.

Thanks a lot for the help, great write up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast