Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tyres for your 250

Super Moderator
    Member #

RE: Tyres for your 250

Nice one Gus !!!

Member #

this thread offends me. it contains too much useful info.

i miss the old forum

Jazz Hands!

cbrpledge

Pirelli Demons, as a step up from BT-45 and arrowmaxes have been a very good investment. I managed to get these fitted at $300 for both and did some commuting on them and track time. For commuting they are a little soft and will not last as long as the bt45's, these demons are best left for spirited riding or track time. On the track they will ball up quickly (not sure what effectthat has except for wear) and are great for grip. They do need to be warmed up for maximum use just like any tyre and this takes about five minutes on a regular tempurature road or 12 minutes on a cold day in Brisbane which is about 17 degrees air temperature. I can comment that these Tyres tip in very well with a 140 rear even compared to the bt-45's which are a great tyre in themselves. Expect a tyre life of around a year with twisty rideouts every second weekend and regular commuting depending on your riding style. At the price I got them they are excellent value over the bt-090's ( around 50-75 $ saving ) with similar performance. It is pretty unanimous knowledge that the BT-45's are a great all rounder for commuting and twisties with a long lifespan, and these pirellis are a good step up from those for when you develop your confidence with the cbr250.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

Member #

I've managed to get my knee down with the arrowstax before I pulled the bike apart. It happened with my kick stand down in the garage as I was dismounting the bike.
    I tried to do a burnout on them on my last ride, but it didn't work. useless.
    I still haven't bought my new tyres, but am looking for either bt-45s, and now from what cbrpledge wrote, perhaps some Pirelli Sport Demons.

Member #

when my tax comes in im thinkin i'll ditch the stax and get something new, i'll keep studying this thread till then though.

Member #

for my mc22, i recently got a pair of IRC RX-01 Road Winners, 110 front 150 rear...cost me PhP7,700 a set

Member #

yeah im getting my rear stax replaced hopefully this week
    190 bucks for a rear bt 45 140/70
    cheapest i could find near me

Junior Biker
    Member #

Hey guys, im relatively new to the forum, been browsing for a few weeks since i bought an MC19. Its my first road bike and get my L's in 2 weeks (im 28). Anyway was readin up about tyres on the old forum and all the negative comments about the arrowmax's, only to go check my bike and found it has them fitted. They have about 50% tread left and the bike will only be used for weekend joyrides so ive been wondering if they are actually as bad as everyone says and if i should replace them now, or ride on them for a few more months while im learning to handle a road bike and then change them?
    And as i said it will only be used for weekend joyrides so what would be the best tyres to replace them with if im not worried about wear.

cbrpledge

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead
    Hey guys, im relatively new to the forum, been browsing for a few weeks since i bought an MC19. Its my first road bike and get my L's in 2 weeks (im 28). Anyway was readin up about tyres on the old forum and all the negative comments about the arrowmax's, only to go check my bike and found it has them fitted. They have about 50% tread left and the bike will only be used for weekend joyrides so ive been wondering if they are actually as bad as everyone says and if i should replace them now, or ride on them for a few more months while im learning to handle a road bike and then change them?
    And as i said it will only be used for weekend joyrides so what would be the best tyres to replace them with if im not worried about wear.
    If you can afford to get new tyres for your bike then it is one of the best investments you can make for yourself. You might want to keep them on to see how it goes, they've worked so far right? It's really up to you, a lot of people would just leave them and save up instead of spending money but I advise you get a better tyre as soon as you can, arrowmaxes are only hindrance to forwarding your riding skills and won't allow you to discover the limits you can push the bike to. You know the tyres are substandard and will ride accordingly, and no doubt some of your ride outs will be on cooler mornings especially being winter. I wouldn't risk it personally

Member #

well mine came with arrowstax and i've been riding them since
    learnt on it and yeah
    the thing was, for some reason i never looked at my tyres till like last week, so i never realised how close to skidding i was :P

haha nah they're not that bad
    but during wet weather they're terrible
    so if its raining either slow down when you approach lights or speed through them
    if you try and stop and your going fairly fast, god save you

EDIT: of course if you've got a lot of money to spend, get them replaced

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast