Rectifier Help
Close
Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By thebeefsalad
  • 1 Post By Lane
  • 1 Post By XCite

Thread: Rectifier Help

  1. #1
    Biker
    Member #
    17933
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    208

    Question Rectifier Help

    Hi.Does these numbers indicate anything about each rectifier ? Do i need to consider about that number when buying a rectifier ? As you can see, this number changes even it's the same rectifier model ( SH609-12).Please help.thank you.

    Attachment 2803

  2. #2
    Biker
    Member #
    14423
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Posts
    365
    afaik means nothing. search for a mosfet based replacement, should last longer.
    Bikeboom likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Biker Lane's Avatar
    Member #
    374
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The garage!
    Posts
    4,631
    Probably just a manufacturers batch number or similar, disregard it.

    If you're happy to source a Honda replacement, ensure you use heat transfer compound on the back of the rectifier to help keep it cooler and therefore much more reliable.

    The best replacement is the Yamaha 5 pin from the '05 R6's, requires some modification to fit though, will never fail however.
    Bikeboom likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Biker
    Member #
    17933
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeefsalad View Post
    afaik means nothing. search for a mosfet based replacement, should last longer.
    thank you very much mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Probably just a manufacturers batch number or similar, disregard it.If you're happy to source a Honda replacement, ensure you use heat transfer compound on the back of the rectifier to help keep it cooler and therefore much more reliable.The best replacement is the Yamaha 5 pin from the '05 R6's, requires some modification to fit though, will never fail however.
    thank you very much.yea i added a thermal paste and then fitted it

  6. #5
    Biker XCite's Avatar
    Member #
    819
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wattle Grove NSW
    Posts
    1,705
    As Lane said above, it's the manufacturer's batch number (code)
    Bikeboom likes this.

  7. #6
    Biker
    Member #
    17933
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by XCite View Post
    As Lane said above, it's the manufacturer's batch number (code)
    thank you very much

Similar Threads

  1. fan on rectifier (R/R getting hot)
    By lethaldriver in forum CBR250 Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18th April 2015, 04:04 AM
  2. Regulator Rectifier HELP!
    By griffdawgs in forum CBR250 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th June 2014, 06:15 PM
  3. Rectifier mount
    By KICKER in forum CBR250 Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th March 2013, 08:08 AM
  4. regulator/rectifier question
    By dansher in forum CBR250 Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17th August 2012, 08:10 PM
  5. Wtb. Cbr250rr rectifier/regulator
    By jl.208 in forum Buy & Sell
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17th November 2011, 11:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •