Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By isaacelms
  • 1 Post By isaacelms

Thread: Where does this belong please?

Member #

Where does this belong please?

Hi all.. So we found this loose part sitting on bits and pieces under my tank.. Any idea what it is and where it should be connected to please? Thanks.Where does this belong please?-image.jpg
    it seems to be a bit of small hose with some sort of stopper on one end!

thanks

Member #
    I can't really see it in good detail but it may be a stopper for the vacumn ports. I don't know whether it would be up near the tank, and you would be able to tell that it's leaking unmetred air into the engine

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    tailsy likes this.

Member #
    Where does this belong please?-wp_20170310_004%5B1%5D.jpg

Is this pic any good please?

Oh no.. is it safe to ride the bike still? How can I tell if it is leaking unmetered air into the engine please?

Do you have a pic of where it should be attached to so I can check please? Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    You would be able to notice the difference straight away, it will sound different because the tune would be off. I found I forgot to reply them when I synced my carbs (as I test rode it).

That's one of them, however, this one (on the left hand side of the engine under the carbs) is used for a fuel line. But the others are under the carbs on the back of the engine, almost impossible to see with the carbs on.

I wouldn't stress at the moment, especially if it just fell out when you lifted the tank.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    tailsy likes this.

Member #
    so would one of the cylinders not be firing or not be hot if you spray water over it when it is on? Is that the way to tell which one is missing it please?

Do you happen to know if there is a pic somewhere of exactly where it should be connected please? sorry.. I'm not the best when it comes to bikes and always have to try and ask around for help when it comes to taking off carbies and tanks and stuff! haha Thanks

Member #
    i took it for a ride.. it definitely didn't sound like normal! I did the spray method.. second cylinder not as hot as the rest.. so must have come off that corresponding carbie right?

Just got to find out where exactly it goes now

Member #
    the cylinder with the cap off would be running lean. this is not good. likely causing it to misfire at low revs and creating less heat. high rpm it could lead to a melted piston. once the tank and carbs are off (probably see it w/o taking off carbs) it will be clear where it is missing (see your other post with the pic)
    Quote Originally Posted by schultzy View Post
    I stuck a battery up my arse.
    Yeah, that's a cool story...