Close
Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Made in Thailand vs Made in Japan rectifier

Administrator
    Member #
    I don't see any easy way to answer that one, boom. All I can say is that Honda NEVER has two prices for the same part number. Even a vendor change will result in a new part number, and/or a superseding part number (that's where the -010 to 020 suffix comes in, typically). It might help to know from whom you bought it....was it the same vendor that was selling the Japanese one? Is it an authorized dealership?

Added info: Honda Part Numbers
    3xxxx denotes electrical (the x's will narrow it down to what section of the electrical system.)
    -MV4 denotes which model the part was introduced on (in the case of my SuperHawk, it's MBB)
    -010 indicates either vendor revision, supplier change, or product update (supersession)
    Bikeboom likes this.

Biker
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I don't see any easy way to answer that one, boom. All I can say is that Honda NEVER has two prices for the same part number. Even a vendor change will result in a new part number, and/or a superseding part number (that's where the -010 to 020 suffix comes in, typically). It might help to know from whom you bought it....was it the same vendor that was selling the Japanese one? Is it an authorized dealership?

Added info: Honda Part Numbers
    3xxxx denotes electrical (the x's will narrow it down to what section of the electrical system.)
    -MV4 denotes which model the part was introduced on (in the case of my SuperHawk, it's MBB)
    -010 indicates either vendor revision, supplier change, or product update (supersession)
    thank you very much. this information is very useful. actually i bought it from a reputed and one of the biggest spare parts stores in my country. it also provides all the spare parts which comes through the Honda agent here. i've bought many items from them and so far had no problem. but this thing confused me. may be i'll ask them myself
    WERA689 likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    It's possible things have changed since I retired from the retail world, but I'd be surprised if they'd changed THAT much! I'd be VERY interested to hear what they have to say.
    phreak911 and Bikeboom like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

Biker
    Member #
    It's possible things have changed since I retired from the retail world, but I'd be surprised if they'd changed THAT much! I'd be VERY interested to hear what they have to say.
    i asked them and said it's a Thailand made one but OEM ! could you please tell me the price of this kind of OEM rectifier in your country ? i'm just asking to get a rough idea if anybody can share the prices around their places, it would be great. thank you
    WERA689 likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    This is the price page from Ron Ayers in the US.

Well, that didn't work out so well....it shows all the previous part numbers that have superceeded to the MV4-010 number, and the price is $174.30. Note also that there is only ONE part number in the end. Again, there's no way to separate the same part number into two separate prices!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bikeboom likes this.

Biker
    Member #
    This is the price page from Ron Ayers in the US.Well, that didn't work out so well....it shows all the previous part numbers that have superceeded to the MV4-010 number, and the price is $174.30. Note also that there is only ONE part number in the end. Again, there's no way to separate the same part number into two separate prices!
    thank you very much. this is very useful.
    WERA689 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12