Engine seized after bearing replacement !
Close
Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By motthomas
  • 1 Post By Lane

Thread: Engine seized after bearing replacement !

Biker
    Member #

Question Engine seized after bearing replacement !

hi. last week one of my friends had sent his bike to put new crank bearings and connecting rod bearings. the mechanic had replaced all 18 bearings with new OEM bearings. yesterday he gave us the bike and while we were on our way home the engine died. we tried to start it with self start but didn't work. then we put it to the 3rd gear and tried to push start but every time we tried the rear wheel locked. anyway we took it home using another vehicle.

today morning i tried to crank the engine with my own battery using self start and i could only hear the starter relay clicking but engine was not cranking. battery was good ( 12.9V). then i pulled the starter motor out and checked it. it worked very well so i fixed it back in the engine. then i bypassed the starter relay and gave current directly to the motor yet engine didn't crank. then i put the bike in to the top gear and tried to push start it but again the rear wheel locked. then i tried to crank the engine using the crank shaft bolt while bike's in the top gear. that time engine cranked without any issue. but it still can't be cranked using the starter motor or push start. kindly give some advice. thank you.

Member #
    Not seized. Its an electrical issue. Most likely some issue with the starter motor. You are saying you can turn the engine by hand without any issues at the crank?

Time to get out the multimeter and verify if the starter is the issue and if its the only issue.

Biker
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by motthomas View Post
    Not seized. Its an electrical issue. Most likely some issue with the starter motor. You are saying you can turn the engine by hand without any issues at the crank? Time to get out the multimeter and verify if the starter is the issue and if its the only issue.
    if it's the starter motor, still it should work with the push start. am i right ? it doesn't start with the push start. the rear wheel gets locked even in the top gear. thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

Biker
    Member #
    ok today morning i removed the plugs and cranked the engine in top gear using the crankshaft bolt. it cranked very well. nothing came out of the plug holes ( oil or petrol ). then i tried to push start it and the rear wheel locked as it happened earlier. self start method was not working either. while pressing the self start button i could feel a jerk when i touched the starter motor but the engine wasn't cranking. after bearing replacement we rode only about 6km. then this happened. so basically,

* engine isn't cranking when using the starter motor
    * it can't be cranked using a push start
    * it can be cranked using the crank shaft bolt without any hesitation

thank you.
    Last edited by Bikeboom; 7th June 2017 at 09:47 PM.

Member #
    Have you contacted the shop? Do you trust them to have another look at it and not charge you excessively for more work?
    Bikeboom likes this.

Biker
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Have you contacted the shop? Do you trust them to have another look at it and not charge you excessively for more work?
    i contacted them. they said that they would come and check it. i just posted this since it's always good to have a rough idea about what's going on inside the engine. yes we don't trust them much. we are not satisfied with their work. thank you.

Biker
    Member #
    i drained the oil and looked for any metal debris. but didn't find anything. but the oil filter had been severely distorted. we only rode 7km but this has happened. just wondering the cause. please give some advice. thank you.

Name:  2py8bh2.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  49.0 KB