Fuel leaking out of exhaust *plz help I'm about to rip my hair out* MC19
Close
Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel leaking out of exhaust *plz help I'm about to rip my hair out* MC19

nOOb
    Member #

Fuel leaking out of exhaust *plz help I'm about to rip my hair out* MC19

Hey guys, recently bought a mc19, it was running well until I pulled it apart to clean the carbs, after I put it back together the bike started shooting gas out of the exhaust when it started up and was running, I thought I rebuilt the carbs wrong and pulled em apart again, all float valves, needles etc were not sticking/bent and seemed to work fine.

I just finished putting it all back together again, fired it up and this time the bike is still leaking gas from the exhaust, it just streams out steadily near the muffler.

I find it strange that the bike can still run even though there's that much fuel going in, surely the mixture would be screwed and it wouldn't Rev out at all? Has anyone ever dealt with a strange problem like this and can point me in the right direction.

It seems the bike is sending way too much fuel in but I can't figure out why if the floats are working as they should? Perhaps the fuel pump is sending in too much gas but surely the floats would stop it?

Member #
    Take your spark plugs out and see if one or more cylinders are full of gas. (Or just overly wet.) Let us know what you find.
    Saint by Day... Sinner by Night!

Quote Originally Posted by banana.logic
    Your mum affects my sag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    What. the. fuck.

Member #
    MC 19's need the float height set manually. What is the float height set at?

If you haven't, search online for a tutorial or Youtube video and search on here for the setting for your bike.

How long have you run it for and have you ridden it under load?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

nOOb
    Member #
    Hi guys, no cylinders are full of gas. Last night I pulled them out, cleaned them then cranked the bike over without any plugs to hopefully get some fuel out. After that I put them back in and the bike started up fine but was still leaking fuel from the exhaust. I was thinking maybe the fuel is from last time it flooded and was still in the exhaust and still being cleared out so I'll see how it goes tonight when I try again

nOOb
    Member #
    Float heights are the same and were untouched from when I bought the bike in its running state, manual says it should. Be around 7mm

Member #
    Made sure your spark plug leads are connected to the correct spark plugs?

nOOb
    Member #
    Are you sure it is fuel?
    I only ask because they can pump a lot of condensation out the exhaust when they are cold and it can smell like fuel.
    I would recommend to start her up and let it run until she warms up. Maybe even take her for a squirt round the block to clear the exhaust of any fuel or water that may have built up.
    Check the exhaust then and see if it is still dripping.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by roomandu View Post
    Are you sure it is fuel?
    I only ask because they can pump a lot of condensation out the exhaust when they are cold and it can smell like fuel.
    I would recommend to start her up and let it run until she warms up. Maybe even take her for a squirt round the block to clear the exhaust of any fuel or water that may have built up.
    Check the exhaust then and see if it is still dripping.
    +1 warm it up take it for a spin most likely condensation,
    if it is fuel one of your cylinders will be running like crap you will get flames out your exhaust along with alot of poping noises on deceleration