So this is where I belong! - Page 12
Close
Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: So this is where I belong!

Member #
    Humbug was an old member of this forum and he did have a set that he had set up for an MC22, if you made him a serious offer he may part with them.

Member #
    he did come back under a different name recently yeah, Brenda maybe? his log in might be attached to an email. if you PM he should get notified. cant search while writing this...
    Quote Originally Posted by schultzy View Post
    I stuck a battery up my arse.
    Yeah, that's a cool story...

Member #
    Awesome talking with you again yesterday, Dave! Looking forward to seeing more progress on your bike! Thanks for coming to the track day!
    Saint by Day... Sinner by Night!

Quote Originally Posted by banana.logic
    Your mum affects my sag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    What. the. fuck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

Junior Biker
    Member #
    After logging in after all this time, hoping to see mad builds... hahaha

No way I'd sell the FCRs though... they're effing sick. should be able to get them for about a grand direct from japan if you're lucky. They're damn fiddly though. A lot of tuning required to get it running right. Luckily they're very tune-able, so expect to be buying lots of jets, soldering and drilling to save some money lol. Not for the feint hearted though.

For the power increase (about 10% ish) its probably the biggest gain you could make with a bolt on part available off the shelf.

Biker
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    After logging in after all this time, hoping to see mad builds... hahaha

No way I'd sell the FCRs though... they're effing sick. should be able to get them for about a grand direct from japan if you're lucky. They're damn fiddly though. A lot of tuning required to get it running right. Luckily they're very tune-able, so expect to be buying lots of jets, soldering and drilling to save some money lol. Not for the feint hearted though.

For the power increase (about 10% ish) its probably the biggest gain you could make with a bolt on part available off the shelf.
    I've been eyeing them.... $1400 USD for the FCRs

Junior Biker
    Member #
    When I got mine, I was a bit lucky

1) they were on special / discounted
    2) i already had japanese yen in a jap bank plus I got a really good rate through ozforex exchange
    3) i had family to post it back for me

i did some searches on the main sites, and looks like the prices have slowly gone up. Plus the exchange rate is pretty mediocre at the moment.

Nothing second hand on yahoo auctions
    Direct from Bito is at 162k,
    webike at 150k
    rakuten at 157k ($1400 USD)
    gt motostage at 148k with 15% off sale ($1328 USD including tax, so cheapest so far)
    goobike nothing
    bikebros nothing

So you might have better luck with motobum as they're the official distributors for keihin. Unfortunately you'll need someone inside japan to buy it for you.

If its all too hard, I'd say your last best shot would be getting them from the states (ape race parts). My last fcr 41mm set for my gsxr750 was about $950ish USD... but looks like their prices have been creeping up to.
    Unfortunately they don't have the 250 listed... so they may need to source them from japan anyway which would end up costing you more... Or more likely will tell you to bugger off :P
    Last edited by Brenda; 23rd February 2016 at 06:49 PM.

Junior Biker
    Member #
    Sorry for being an absentee.......

The AFM race season is coming to an end and it has been interesting year. The race reports are here:
    2016 Race reports (2015 below) | Dave Moss Tuning

The engine builder just gave me the pictures of all the parts he massaged, so those are here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x1m7hzedjmceysg/AACtUSSb5MLZDe8Hbr3DoJFQa?dl=0

The pistons we bought off eBay are working well, the piston rings not so well after 6 hours of race time - the engine is starting to puff blue smoke on deceleration only. I need 6 laps out of it at the last race and I hope it lasts.

The engine builder has contacts for making high compression pistons here in the US. If I bite the bullet and get that done, how many of you would be interested in a group buy on pistons?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Search tags for this page

11632 kbh 900

13111-kt7-750
13213 kaz 003
bike radiator pressure tester
cbr250 mc22 top dead centre
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.