Close
Login to Your Account
CBR250 Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Project CBR250RRi

Member #

RE: Project CBR250RRi

I have no idea what any of you are talking about or where this thread will end up.

I love it.

Nice work Mr Motthomas, really looking forward to your progress and learning something along the way.

All the best.

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze

Nice work!

I looked into the megasquirt a few years back. I'm hoping things have changed, as when I look at them the max RPM was much too low for a CBR250 engine.

One thing to keep an eye on, is the power consumption of the fuel injector pump. CBR250's don't produce a lot of power, particularly at idle. So get the smallest/least power hungry pump that's suitable ;-)
    The megasquirt hardware can handle up to 63,000RPM or so apparently. The problem was with the base code as it has the limit set to 15,000RPM by default. Now that can easily be changed by editing the .ini files to have an upper RPM limit of 20,000RPM or more. I've already done that and been able to edit full VE tables up to 20,000RPM so I'm not worried on that front.

The pump power consumption was a worry aswel. To help it along I've just put it on a power saving diet by installing your LED tail-lights and headlight upgrade. I've also been paying more attention to EFI 2-stroke projects and what pumps they used as they would have had the same issue with limited power at idle and low RPM.

Haha! Yeah Jlyall. Thats why I wanted them. I had originally planned on getting the machining done in Malta but I wanted to get the injectors first so I could get a fuel rail made up at the same time if needed but then that didnt happen as soon as I thought.

Member #

But good ol megasquirt, had it running on a turbo conversion of an old datto I did quite a few years ago.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CBR250.com
    Advertisements

Member #

What model are you using? Also do you start having any latency issues when you go past their base limit set of 15,000rpm?[hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by motthomas
    The pump power consumption was a worry aswel.
    Can you put a larger stator in there?

Member #

just put injectors above bell mouth

Member #

Definitely a thread worth following!!!

Senior Biker
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by motthomas
    what I've read its hard to get a clean MAP signal from ITBs.
    i found something a while ago, nfi where a link is though. basically you run 4 seperate lines after the butterflies, and connect them too a 'vacuum pot' (basically something not too big, but enough room to install the lines & sensor) with the MAP sensor in the pot.

Biker
    Member #

Looking forward to this thread, I've been thinking the same thing but lack of money and time at the moment isn't the best way to start a project..

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Merudo
    What model are you using? Also do you start having any latency issues when you go past their base limit set of 15,000rpm?
    I'll be using the new microsquirt module which is basically a Megasquirt II with V3.0 board in a smaller package. There shouldnt be any issue with the redline. I contacted the makers and Ive been told the 15000rpm limit is just an arbitrary number as 99.99% of applications won't go above that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zane

just put injectors above bell mouth
    I saw that alright on the F1 cars. Theres a guy on the MS forums aswel that did it to his bandit. I'd be adding in a lot of structure to the airbox though and just thought modifying a set of TBs might be better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley_666
    i found something a while ago, nfi where a link is though. basically you run 4 seperate lines after the butterflies, and connect them too a 'vacuum pot' (basically something not too big, but enough room to install the lines & sensor) with the MAP sensor in the pot.
    Thats one fix to it alright and thats what suzuki seem to have done on the GSXR TBs. I will be setting it up this way anyway as its no extra hassle but at the end of the day I'll be going with the calculation method that will give me the most control and best results.

Senior Biker
    Member #

it's an admirable project but what are your hopes for what fuel injection will do for you? an MC22 with the carbs set up nicely is a nice thing to ride, my last one ran perfectly fine from idle to 20,000rpm. I can't see that it will give you any more power though it may help improve mid-range and transtion onto throttle moments etc as you can reference TPS to give fast enrichment with quick throttle openings etc.

what do you think you'll gain over a dialled in carby set-up?

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast