CBR250 Forums banner

SMP/EC GP Circiut - 16Sep13

5K views 46 replies 8 participants last post by  Cerberus 
#1 ·
Time for my first track day.

The locals are getting sick of hearing me whip around it'd seem.

Going with my Uncle, who'll be riding a Green Gixxer if not mistaken.

I'll be the one with the black and red flame fairings, MC22.

Rubber side down, shiny side up! :D

Anyone else coming?

#2 ·
I'll be there in red group. I think cerb will also be there in red. What group is your uncle in?

When you get into a garage, post on here and let us know what number it is and I'll try pop around and meet you.

Hopefully the weather is good! I don't fancy the idea of a wet track for my first time in red group!

#3 ·
I can do that. (post here my garage that is).

Uncle will likely be white group to start with (others were taken) but if at all possible he'll move up, I'm sure. He's done plenty of ride days at EC and Broadford.

And I do hope for good weather. Wouldn't inspire a lot of confidence in me to go for a first track day in the wet! haha.

#5 ·
Turns out I won't be there in red group! I booked it and and went to pay and it said declined, so I returned to the main screen and it was booked out! Someone got in before me! So there's only 5 spots left in white group left, not sure if I should book that for obvious reasons, probably will and then hope to good I can move up on the day.

#14 ·
Hahaha

But won't it be funny if I manage even one 1:45 in white :p

Nah I reckon it's on the cards, probably not in white group, but if I get into green or red, I reckon it's do-able. Hoping for consistent 1:47's regardless though, which is 2s faster than the previous owner on my bike :D

#19 ·
I can't do it yet, haha but they are definitely there, I know a few areas where I can pick up a bit of time. It's strange though, last time out when I did the 1:47.8 and low 49's, all the laps felt kind of slow, I didn't really focus on going fast, just paid more attention to my body position and tried some different lines here and there and somehow ended up doing my fastest for the day.

I'll post up a screen shot of the data if I can manage to achieve my goals for the day. By all means follow me, but I imagine you would get bored pretty quick, 5s a lap slower is a fair bit, haha. I'll have to try and follow you to see where I'm losing all that time, apart from the straights because another guy on an S1000RR already showed me how much faster he was there.

1:45 isn't fast anyway, the front runners are doing 39's and 40's in the 600 classes, I think even some D graders were doing 44's from what I saw in the stg round in February.

#20 ·
Hey Jashdown
If you end up moving up into the green group you should tag along with me for a session if your aiming for 45's. Last time i was out on the gp track was sitting around the 1.44 to 1.45's. Im on a 600 as well...im guessing thats what your on??

#21 ·
No worries, will do! 1:44 is well into the fastest guys in green, easily worthy of red group. Last GP circuit day I was doing pretty easy consistent 49's and only got passed by two different people, it was most likely a slow day for green because the void between the fastest green and slowest red would have been pretty big.

How longs it been since you have been out there? Yeah I'm on a 600, what do you ride?

#22 ·
Last time was the end of March, then a few days in the months prior.Before that it had been 5 years or more since being out on the track.

I ride a 05 zx6r. Matt black glass.

Ive only done 1 day on the gp circuit in recent times and that was in red group. Was doing 44's all day and only just shy of a 43.
On the big track I'm sitting around 2.10's and just managed a 2.09 on the last time out.

In red group i normally feel as though at least half to 2/3rd's or the guys would be as quick or quicker then me.

Heading out in green this time as i've lost a bit of confidence in my tyres and just doing one last day on them before a fresh set goes on. Also got a group of guys i used to work with heading out so wanted to scoot around with them.
I think any time in the 1.4?'s on gp or say sub 2.15 on the big track would have you at the quickest end of green group

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.